By | 31/05/2012

Some bloggers/web developers facing problem of warnings in Google rich snippet tool. The following are the warning, which are due to problem in title, date and author of the article.

Warning: Missing required field “entry-title”.

Warning: Missing required field “updated”.

Warning: Missing required hCard “author”.

Warning message is because of the problem in the following code. you can find this coding in post-single.php

<?php the_title(); ?>

<?php echo get_the_date(); ?>

<?php the_author(); ?>

How to Solve this Google Snippet Warning

Replace the above code with the below code. you can find this coding in post-single.php

Warning: Missing required field “entry-title”. This warning can be solved by

<h2><?php the_title(); ?></h2>

Warning: Missing required field “updated”. This warning can be solved by

<span class="date updated"><?php echo get_the_date(); ?></span>

Warning: Missing required hCard “author”. This warning can be solved by

<span class="vcard author">

<span class="fn"><?php the_author(); ?></span>

</span>

prasad

About prasad

Prasad K has written 111 post in this blog.

37 thoughts on “Warning: Missing required field entry title | Missing required field updated | Missing required hCard author

1. Roel Telmo

Thanks, it worked for my home page. I have another question, what about this in my single posts “Warning: At least one field must be set for HatomFeed”? any ideas?

2. jason

im getting this error,

hfeed
    Warning: At least one field must be set for HatomFeed.

i’m not technical so how do i solve this?

1. Roel Telmo

If you can access your files, try this…

<div class=”hentry”>

<!– content goes here –>

</div>

3. Muhammad Shoaib Zafar

I am getting same warning for my website “www.localapps.co”
    “Warning: Missing required field “updated”.”

I am using the Genesis Child theme. And posts are handled directly by Genesis. I tried the above mentioned procedure using Genesis Hooks (add_filter( ‘genesis_post_info’, ‘post_info_filter’ );).
    But I am unable to solve the issue. Can you help me in this regard?

4. nik

Thank you very much for hepl, I got irritated with this warning.. :)

5. Cath

I get the updated message because I hide the dates on my blog posts because I want visitors not to avoid older posts, so I will have to live with the error.

6. arafin shaon

i’m having the very same issue mentioned by @Muhammad Shoaib Zafar. do you have any solution for genesis framework?

7. Pingback: 'Warning: Missing required field "updated"' in Wordpress Twenty Eleven theme – Technosultants

8. gspfarr

I found a simple fix that doesn’t require editing the core child files. Inside the plugin “Genesis Simple Hooks”, placing inside “genesis_post_content Hook” with php and shortcodes activated will fix the error.

9. butternyk

can we do g+authorship on individual google pages also or do we have to link to main profile

10. Gigih Wahyu Kurniawan

thanks for your informations… very helpful for me :)

11. Arnold

i solved last two Warnings: Missing required field “updated” and hCard “author”. but the “entry-title”.is giving me problem still.

Here is the script, please show me where to add the “entry-title”

<h2 class=post_header" id="post-”><a href="” rel=”bookmark” title=”Permanent Link to “>

1. Arnold

check the proper script:

12. explorequotes.com

it’s still showing me an error !! please help me out !!